Available Only in DC, MD and Northern VA
Ready to do a search on your own? Our Do it Yourself (DIY) service is for you! Perfect for families who have the time and experience to find the right candidate for their family. This option is great for date night sitters, back up care, before and after school needs, occasional care, temporary sitters and/or long term care. Simply submit an application to get the process started!
How does this service work?
Once your application is approved, follow the steps below to find your match!
1. Create an account & family profile
2. Post a job when ready or jump right to contacting candidates!
Is there a cost?
This service has a free option and an upgraded option.
- Create a Family Profile
- Post Jobs
- Browse Provider Profiles
Upgraded - $15/mo
- Free 5 day trial
- Respond to Applicants
- Contact Providers Directly
- Request + View Candidate Background Checks
- Request + Review Candidate Reference Reports
How do we screen DIY Candidates?
DIY candidates must be at least 18 years old and have at least 1 year of childcare experience. For Nannies, experience must be professional and for Sitters it can be family or friends related.
Each DIY candidate must:
– Complete an application or submit their resume + cover letter
– Interview with a member of our team
– Able to Pass a Basic Background Check
– Complete a reference check
Our Basic Background Check Covers:
National Criminal Database
National Sex Offender Registry
Social Security Number Verification
Maiden Name Search
Address History Check
Read our FAQs page to learn more about this service!